Yep, we’re still down at the holiday house! Can’t get enough of this beautiful part of the world. We love going for short drives to collect fresh, local produce from farm gates and local grocery stores.
We’ve just returned home with a big box of succulent strawberries, locally grown from a farm in Main Ridge. In this short clip, Cherry shows us how to make a very simple and yummy sorbet with only 3 ingredients. Plus, it’s gluten free, dairy free and guilt free!
- 1kg fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Puree the strawberries
- Dissolve the sugar in a little boiling water and set aside to cool
- Pour the strawberry puree, lemon juice and as much or as little sugar syrup as you like, into an ice-cream maker. That’s it, you’re done!
- Your strawberries might already be super sweet, so you may not need to ad so much sugar or perhaps none at all!
- If you don’t have an ice-cream machine, just pour your mixture into a lunch box and allow it to set in the freezer. Your sorbet might be a little icy and crunchy but it will still taste delicious!